From Michael Phelps winning eight gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics to Nadia Comăneci receiving the first perfect 10 in 1976, there have been a number of unforgettable moments in Olympic history.
As hundreds of world-class athletes prepare to compete in the 2012 Summer Olympic Games beginning Friday, Patch is celebrating the start of the games by posting Olympic trivia questions all this week.
The answers to today's questions are below.
1. Which of these cities has never hosted the Olympic Games?
2. True or false. The United States has never won a gold medal in any fencing event that is still being held.
3. When were women first allowed to compete in the modern Olympics?
4. One of the events where men compete directly with women is sailing. What is the other?
1. It's Madrid. Moscow hosted in 1980, Seoul in 1988 and Melbourne in 1956.
Looking for a way to celebrate the Olympics locally? You can find local events for Olympic Fun Day on July 28 on the Let’s Move website, which has a page about how to set up your own local Olympics.
Also check out our Directory and Events Calendar for listings of places where you can learn and participate in Olympic sports ranging from basketball to karate, gymnastics, swimming and more.