Todos Santos is the place to be when the warmer months come around, and this season's festivities will have Concordians dancing and celebrating in the plaza.
The Thursday evening farmers' market runs April 25 to Oct. 24 and the Music and Market Series starts May 23, with a free concert each week until Sept. 12. Then in July, blues comes back to the Todos Santos Plaza stage with a different band every Tuesday night from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
There are also special events taking place in Todos Santos Plaza this season. Here's what's on the schedule:
- MomDay Celebration: Saturday, May 11, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., featuring the All Area Music Festival with local student musicians. The winners of the 2013 Mother’s Day essay contest will be announced.
- DadDay in the Plaza: Sunday, June 16 at noon, featuring fourth annual Chili Cook-off and the band PUSH with Dan Ashley.
- Cool Concord Cars: Tuesday, July 2, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Vintage car show and opening of the Tuesday Night Blues series with the Todd Wolf Band.
- The July 4th Parade and Jubilee: Traditional pancake breakfast at 7:30 a.m., the Concord Police Association Starts and Stripes Run, and the annual parade stepping off at 10 a.m.
- National Night Out: Tuesday, Aug. 6, bringing families together with police officers to highlight safe neighborhoods.
What's your favorite summer event in Todos Santos Plaza? Comment below.