The year is winding down and 2013 is just around the corner.
Thinking about the future, Halfway to Concord has a top 10 list of improvements for the city to make in 2013.
The list includes:
- Building a soccer complex on the opposite side of Oliviera where the softball fields are, and adding additional facilities around the city.
- Making Concord more attractive to auto dealers.
- Ensuring that the new Concord Weapons Depot land is business friendly, and that “environmental wackos” are not allowed to determine what businesses reside in the area.
- Maintaining a robust events program in Todos Santos Plaza.
- Cutting the "red tape" for local businesses and encouraging private enterprise to invest in distressed areas, such as the Monument corridor.
- Modernizing Park 'n Shop so that "this antiquated shopping area" no longer "looks like a shanty" compared to similar centers in Pleasant Hill and Walnut Creek.
How do you think Concord could be improved in 2013? Comment below.