As a new Sunday feature, Concord Patch will highlight five of the most interesting and entertaining features from the past week—in case you missed them.
1. —The Mount Diablo Unified School District made the grueling decision to close Holbrook Elementary and Glenbrook Middle schools. And board president Gary Eberhart threw in a surprise suggestion: make Westwood Elementary all sixth grade, moving Westwood students to Mountain View.
2. —Real-estate writer Julie Clairmont provided an overview of the housing markets in Clayton and Concord.
3. —Check out our list of romantic places to share a Valentine's Day lunch or dinner; be sure to see the comments following the article for some more suggestions, as well.
4. —Concord’s Ale Industries is another jewel in the city’s “Beer & Wine Ghetto.”
5. —The Mayor's annual Chamber of Commerce Luncheon Feb. 7 was a chance for Mayor Laura Hoffmeister to explain how Gov. Brown's plan to eliminate redevelopment agencies will impact Concord. Hint: It's not good.