Here are the showtimes for drive-in movies at the West Wind theater, 1611 Solano Way, Concord:
Planes (PG, 1 hour and 32 minutes)
Starring: Dane Cook, Brad Garrett, Teri Hatcher, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Stacy Keach
Showing Friday to Sunday: 8:40 p.m. and 12:35 a.m.
Despicable Me 2 (PG, 1 hour and 38 minutes)
Starring: Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig
Showing Friday to Sunday: 10: 40 p.m.
The Smurfs 2 (PG, 1 hour and 45 minutes)
Starring: Neil Patrick Harris, Brendan Gleeson
Showing Friday to Sunday: 1:05 p.m.
We're the Millers (R, 1 hour and 49 minutes)
Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Emma Roberts, Ed Helms, Thomas Lennon, Jason Sudeikis
Showing Friday to Sunday: 8:40 p.m. and 11 p.m.
Price: Single and double features are $7.25 for adults, except for Tuesdays when the cost drops to $5, and $1 for kids ages 5 to 11. Children 4 and under are free.
Have you seen any of these movies? What did you think? Share your review in the comments.
Here's what you need to know about the drive-in:
- It can get really busy, so arrive early to snag the best parking spots.
- You'll tune your car radio to hear the movie. Some people use plug-in speakers to amplify the sound.
- You can bring food, but no alcohol.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Big trucks and SUVs should be parked at the back of the lot, so as not to block the screen.
- On a warm evening, you can always bring a couple of chairs and sit outside of the car. Just make sure the windows are down and the radio is up.
- Some other useful items to bring include: snacks, a cooler full of ice cold beverages, pillows and blankets.
- Be aware of other people: don't turn on your headlights during the movie. Take you foot off the brake so that the light doesn't shine behind you. Don't leave your trunk or doors open and block the screen.
- Don't change the radio station. No one wants to hear Taylor Swift blasting while good is fighting evil or the guy is about to get the girl.