Today (November 28), Feeding America and other national partners are hosting a national call-in day to mobilize advocates across the country in opposition to cutting hunger-relief programs and protecting tax incentives to encourage food and fund donations as part of a deal on the Fiscal Cliff.
Call in Details:
As Congress debates how to address the looming Fiscal Cliff, we must urge them to do it the right way. Help us show Congress that cutting programs that help feed struggling families is not the way to balance the budget.
- Call using Feeding America’s toll-free hotline at 866-527-1087.
- Listen to the pre-recorded message and enter your zip code when prompted. Connect to your Senators first.
- Once you are connected to your first Senator, state that you are a constituent and give your name and the town you are calling from.
- Let them know you are calling about anti-hunger programs and deliver this important message:
I urge you to oppose cutting SNAP and other hunger-relief programs as part of any deal on the Fiscal Cliff and to continue to protect tax incentives to encourage food and fund donations to food banks. Cutting programs that put food on the table for hungry Americans is not the way to balance our nation’s budget.
- Be sure to repeat the process so that you speak with your Representative and both of your Senators.
For more information about how you can help take action against hunger, please visit www.foodbankccs.org.