Taking the entire family to see a movie is an expensive treat these days — except tonight, when it's free.
The Solano Westwind Drive-in is hosting a customer appreciation night Thursday, with free entry to all cars, live music and games, two back-to-back movies and nachos for $1. Gates open at 6 p.m.
Two screens will be showing The Dark Knight Rises (2 hours and 44 minutes) and Brave (1 hour and 40 minutes), in either order. The first movie starts at 8 p.m.Double Feature: Start Time: The Dark Knight Rises and Brave 8 p.m. and 11:05 p.m. Brave and The Dark Knight 8 p.m. and 9:55 p.m.
Here's what you need to know about the drive-in:
- It can get really busy, so arrive early to snag the best parking spots.
- You'll tune your car radio to hear the movie. Some people use plug-in speakers to amplify the sound.
- You can bring food, but no alcohol.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Big trucks and SUVs should be parked at the back of the lot, so as not to block the screen.
- On a warm evening like tonight, you can always bring a couple of chairs and sit outside of the car. Just make sure the windows are down and the radio is up.
- Some other useful items to bring include: snacks, a cooler full of ice cold beverages, pillows and blankets.
- Be aware of other people: don't turn on your headlights during the movie. Take you foot off the brake so that the light doesn't shine behind you. Don't leave your trunk or doors open and block the screen.
- Don't change the radio station. No one wants to hear Taylor Swift blasting while Batman is fending off bad guys.
Visit WestwindDriveins.com for more information.
What do you think should be added to the drive-in rules of etiquette? Share your thoughts and experiences below.