Contra Costa County's best and brightest business women will be honored at the 2012 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year awards in September in Concord, and nominations are being accepted now.
Do you know a local businesswoman who is supporting the community, showing remarkable business initiative and inspiring other local leaders and entrepreneurs? Cast your vote for the 2012 Womens Initiative Entrepreneur Awards here.
This year will mark the fourth celebration of local women making waves in the business world. The awards are given by Women's Initiative, which offers training, funding and support for low-income women hoping to start their own businesses.
Nominations are accepted for women who:
- have been successful despite the barriers that exist for women business owners
- exemplify how business ownership and leadership is beneficial for women
- have a postive impact on local community or the community at large
- advances their business through innovation
- have created jobs in the community
- Are a mentor and example to other women in business
Do you know of a local businesswoman worthy of a Women's Initiative Entrepreneur Award? Share your suggestions in the comments.