Caltrans is closing sections of Interstate 680 in Contra
Costa County this week as part of a repair project.
On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night, traffic on northbound Interstate 680 will be detoured at the 242 split.
From September 16th through the 19th, the road will be closed from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m.
Caltrans says drivers should expect delays and use alternate routes. A spokesperson provided this detour option:
1. Get off at Monument Boulevard
2. Turn left on to westbound Monument Boulevard
3. Turn right on to northbound Contra Costa Boulevard
4. Turn right on Sun Valley/Willow Pass Road
5. Detour end at Willow Pass Road on-ramp to northbound Interstate 680
Crews are closing the road to work on a slab replacement project, according to Caltrans. The closure schedule may change, depending on the weather.