.

Willows Theatre Company Closes; Remaining Performances Cancelled

After 37-years, Willows Theatre Company shutters.

We reported was closing after 37-years.

The theatre company, which began in 1977 in the Willows Shopping Center in Concord, is also cancelling the remaining shows of A Doll's House.

In a press release from the company, Board President Dennis Woodard said: “This was not an easy decision. We apologize to our patrons and loyal supporters.”

The statement went on to say:

Only 60 percent of the Willows’ revenue comes from ticket sales; the remaining 40 percent comes from donations, show sponsors, foundations and grants. The past three years have been especially difficult for non-profit theatre companies. As the cost to mount productions continues to increase, the Willows revenue has experienced a continual decline. Last month an appeal for donations was sent out to patrons and past donors, but if failed to raise enough to assure its financial survival.

When was that last time you went to a Willows Theatre Company production?

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »