Halloween is fast approaching, and Concordians are transforming their houses with devilish decor, ready to hand out some ghoulish goodies to trick-or-treaters on Oct. 31. But before then — it's time to enjoy the show on every block, taking a tour of inventive Jack o' lanterns, ghosts flying above the streets, and ghoulish graveyards sprawled across lawns.
Where are the best Halloween decorations in Concord? If there's a stand-out Halloween house on your street or a local businesses that's going all out for the holiday, add a marker to the map above and let the community join in the fun.
There are already a couple of locations pinpointed on the interactive map, including Kay's House of Horror 2012 on Kay Avenue.
Here's how to add a location to the Concord Halloween decorations map:
- Click the "add" button on the top right corner of the map.
- In the pop-up box, enter an "Entry Name" that describes your sighting, such as "Ghostly Gravyard," "Halloween Lights" or "Haunted House".
- Enter the street number and address, including "Concord CA".
- Upload a picture, if you have one, by clicking the grey "upload" button.
- Hit "submit" and you're done!