Drive-in Movie Showtimes
Friday Oct. 5 to Thursday, Oct. 11 at the Solano Westwind drive-in movie theater:Feature Showtimes Hotel Transylvania (PG: 91 minutes) and ParaNorman (PG: 93 minutes)
7:15 p.m., 9:10 p.m. Hotel Transylvania plays again at 10:55 p.m.Taken 2 (PG-13: 91 minutes)
7:15 p.m., 9:10 p.m., 11 p.m.
Here's what you need to know about the drive-in:
- It can get really busy, so arrive early to snag the best parking spots.
- You'll tune your car radio to hear the movie. Some people use plug-in speakers to amplify the sound.
- You can bring food, but no alcohol.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Big trucks and SUVs should be parked at the back of the lot, so as not to block the screen.
- On a warm evening, you can always bring a couple of chairs and sit outside of the car. Just make sure the windows are down and the radio is up.
- Some other useful items to bring include: snacks, a cooler full of ice cold beverages, pillows and blankets.
- Be aware of other people: don't turn on your headlights during the movie. Take you foot off the brake so that the light doesn't shine behind you. Don't leave your trunk or doors open and block the screen.
- Don't change the radio station. No one wants to hear Taylor Swift blasting while good is fighting evil or the guy is about to get the girl.
Visit WestwindDriveins.com for more information.
What are your tips for a great night at the drive in? Do you have any rules of etiquette to add? Share ideas in the comments below.