A delicious feast deserves a beautiful centerpiece, and if you're stuck for ideas —the farmer's market can help, along with a little inspiration from Pinterest.com.
Concord Patch has created a "board" of Thanksgiving centerpieces using fresh produce such as winter squash, gourds, pumpkins, and pomegranates. Click here to browse for ideas. Here are some favorites:
- Hollow out a pumpkin or gourd and use it as a vase.
- Fill glass candle holders with nuts.
- Create a candle bowl filled with clementines.
- Turn artichokes and other vegetables into candle holders.
- Create a horn of plenty spilling with seasonal vegetables.
Do you have a crafty centerpiece idea? Share it in the comments or post photos by clicking "upload." If you have a Pinterest board especially for Thanksgiving, leave the URL below and inspire others!
What's in season at the farmers' market, November 2012
Apples, grapes, oranges, Asian pears, persimmons, pomegranates.
Artichokes, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, chard, garlic, kale, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, onions, potatoes, pumpkins, spinach, winter squash.
Concord Farmers' Market
Todos Santos Plaza, Willow Pass & Grant StreetDay Time Season Tuesday 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM Year-round