Caltrans announced northbound Interstate
680 will be closed in Contra Costa County on Monday where the road splits with Highway 242.
The roads will be closed on Sept. 9 and 11 from 12- 5 a.m. On Sunday Sept. 14, the road will be closed form 1 a.m.-7 a.m.
Caltrans Spokesperson Adam Priest said car drivers will be asked to take the following detour:
1. Get off at Monument Boulevard
2. Turn left on to westbound Monument Boulevard
3. Turn right on to northbound Contra Costa Boulevard
4. Turn right on Sun Valley/Willow Pass Road
5. Detour end at Willow Pass Road on-ramp to northbound Interstate 680
Priest said drivers should be cautious and expect delays. The work may be rescheduled, depending on the weather conditions.